ground truth for NDVI maps

Hi,

I would like to ask the Group about so-called calibration of NDVI maps or connection between real numbers of plant growth and received data.

Do you go to the field in order to measure leaf surface area or make any other research (chlorophyll in a leaf) in order to get a ground truth for data, obtained with UAVs?

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cala, what parameters are you checking?

And, what tool do you use for these purposes?

• Depends what are you looking for, I take a photo or satellite image and them go to the field to see if what I think is N deficience (for ex), really is, generally ocular inspection now, in the past with a plant juice analizer and, as Jose do, take my tablet with the georreferenced image with me to find the place.

Looks a wheat image before potato with nitrogen deficiency on potato rows, I walk to that rows, verify it and correct deficiences on that red sites.

3702740966?profile=original

• The red line upper left is rainy damage, so you need to know the field, only image isn't completly usefull.

• Additionally: I am a CTO at Petiole, so for me, this question is a matter of approving my own hypothesis.

Petiole - leaf area meter & chlorophyll content measurement in a smartphone
    You don't need ImageJ leaf area measurement with Petiole mobile app
This reply was deleted.