Replies

• Hi guys,

I am visiting here in Western Chermside, Brisbane, Qld. I see the posts here are quite sometime now. Does anyone here fly arduplane or arducopter with APM/Pixhawk/Pixracer? I have a flying wing with Pixracer capable of 1 hour flight on 2200mah, 3S battery. I understand that there are rules from CASA and BCC on drones. Is there a place here to do long flights with a flying wing without violating any rules?

• Hey guys - I see these discssions are a few years old but here goes!

I live out in Samford and I have an arducopter with an APM2.5 - I'm interested in the longer flights as well as planning waypoints etc to take pictures.

Do any on you know the Ardupilot and the 3DR gear? I would like to catch up.

Please let me know

• Hi Jean, 

I am from Brisbane, I am working on a fixed wing drone, I am interested in long stable flights - and using it as a base for cameras (air photos) - and eventually looking at using this to monitor water pipes. 

I am also interested in rockets and making a rocket glider that can be controlled to land back near the launch area. 

I have an Autonomous rover, that we used to test things before we out an APM in the air.

I have been playing with using an accelerometers and Arduino to do a few side projects with as well. 

I am more of a software guy than a hardware guy, my background is 20 years in GIS. 

From looking at the member list there is about 150 people here from Brisbane, I think we should try and organize a Christmas drink some time ;) Maybe we should make a QLD group - there is a WA group. 

I am based in Graceville. 

This reply was deleted.