Telemtry over GSM

Hello,

I would require some help in order to set a system that i need.My hardware is the odroid xu3 board , huawei e1750 gsm modem and the pixhawk autopilot board with px4 fligh stack.The basic idea is to forward all the information from the pixhawk to a the internet to a specific ip through the gsm modem.On the other side a qgc will connect to that ip in order to retrieve these information.The pixahawk is connected to the odroid by usb .The operating system is the lubuntu 14.04.My Huawei modem comes assigned with an ip.I have managed to make the modem work with the ubuntu thus i have full connection to the internet.

As i mentioned i want to forward all the information form the pixhawk to the internet.I believe that i need to set some kind of server using the public ip provided my provider but im not sure how can i achieve that.So what im trying to find is how can i create this server that all the information from pixhawk will be forward too.

Im really confused of how this communication can be established.

The further that i reached till now is to find in what prot is my device connected by using : dmesg grep | tty
and the use the command mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyACM0 --baudrate 57600 --out IPADDRESS:14550 in order to forward these.

How can i find my ip adress that the info will be sent to and how can i make sure that connection is established.

Any kind of help or idea will be really usefull.

More info can be provided if is needed.

Thank you

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1) connect your GCS computer behind your home/office router

2) discover your home/office router public IP address (e.g.: whatismyipaddress.com/)

3) create a DMZ (or start port forwarding on 14550) to your computer

4) start Mission Planner (or whatever GCS you use) and connect to UDP specifing listening port 14550

5) You should be connected to your drone

Hey ,

I have some troubles establishing this connection...I have tried to follow all these steps you mentioned above .I have to be flying in one week and this is really keeping me back.

Please if someone can help me go though this it would be so important.My field has nothing to do with communication and i find really hard to grasp all theses things wiith prots and udp packets.

My Hardware:

-Odroid XU3 with GSM modem and lubuntu 14.04

-Pixhawk connect to the odroid board through the usb cable

-My laptop with another GSM modem that provides internet (different form the one above)

-Qgroundcontrol software as my ground station installed in my laptop

What i have managed till now is to execute mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyACM0 --baudrate 57600 --out IPADDRESS:14550 in the odroid command shell.As IPADRDRESS i use my pblic ip of my laptop.i beleive that this part isforwarding the mavlink to the ip but the pixhawk cant repond with hardbeats back to the qgrounfcontrol thus the communication cant be established,

• It's very simple:
    1) connect your GCS computer behind your home/office router

2) discover your home/office router public IP address (e.g.: whatismyipaddress.com/)

3) create a DMZ (or start port forwarding on 14550) to your computer

4) start Mission Planner (or whatever GCS you use) and connect to UDP specifing listening port 14550

5) You should be connected to your drone

I hope this can help with your 4Gmetry. I invite people to join http://diydrones.com/group/4gmetry and or buying the "ready to fly" 4gmetry module on www.4gmetry.com 

• When  i use the command to forward the pckages form the pixhawk to the ip mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyACM0 --baudrate 57600 --out IPADDRESS:14550 what ip should i put in the IPADDRESS place? is it the public ip of my laptop?

And when i connect through my GCS i create a udp connection with listenning port 14550 and host as 127.0.0.1:14555?

This reply was deleted.