This is yet another version of a 3D printed quadrotor, pointed to be one of the workhorses of my research... The main characteristic of this frame is that instead of using nut and bolts to join the arms and the base together, like in TEGO v2, I'm using Rotite®s!!!!
For those who dont know what rotites are, you can give it a pick here, I was trying to find a solution to reduce weight of my previous TEGO v2 frame, and somehow I found this company, I immediately put in contact with them, and after several e-mail exchanges, phonecalls and even videoconferences with the inventor, I was able to get my hands on some of their designs, there is a picture below where Stuart is giving me a lecture about Rotites.
So, I started playing in Solidworks, and we did this design, usign 90 degrees A and B rotites, 4 B's on the main plate and one B on each arm.
The weight was dramatically reduced, and the endurance dramatically increased!!!
Many thanks to Stuart Burns (inventor of Rotite®) and of course, the Rotite® company to letting me use their designs :)
Don't forget to check the video!