Happy new year to all flyers.
We want to update the progress made on an in-flight battery monitor. Initial revisions of the board were meant to capture accurate cell voltages for the flight batteries. However, lot of feedback was received to push the board towards a minimal Battery Monitoring System. Currently, most diy'ers and professional flyers use large battery packs after monitoring them with an external battery meter. We believe its advantageous to semi-permanently attach the monitor with the batteries as Batmon has cell balancing and minimal weight/power penalty.
The features of Batmon are:
- Inbuilt Coulomb counting for accurate power draw (and hence power remaining) for the cells
- Accurate monitoring of individual cell voltage ( precise to 50mV or better)
- Onboard temperature monitoring + extra optional temperature probes for accurate measurement of battery temperature in harsh weather.
- 9gm weight
- Connects to Pixhawk i2c bus with stock firmware to read total battery voltage, temperature, current. Custom pixhawk firmware enables monitoring cell voltages and many other battery parameters.
- Low current onboard cell balancing.
- Switchable low-power led display for convenient display of battery vitals (~3mA / 40V with display on)
Batmon battery monitor measuring 10s
Would love to get feedback. We will build ~100 boards end of March,2019. Please PM me for feedback/pre-orders.