We built BatMon for making smart batteries. BatMon can now talk with Ardupilot, Pixhawk, and ROS and enables safe and robust operation of robot using smart batteries. But there is a missing piece, a smart charger that can safely charge batteries with a peace of mind for customers.
So, we are building exactly that, and a lot more, to future proof your workflow as they scale. Below is a sneak peek of the most foolproof futureproof smart charger we know of: BatCha
- Opensource Firmware
- 2-12S LiPo Charge
- Smart battery data interfaces:
- I2C: Two wire based protocol such as SMBUS
- CAN BUS: Two wire differential pair robust protocol for UAVCAN, CANaerospace etc
- LIN BUS : Single wire communication protocol for micro drones
- Two ports. Charge two battery simultaneously.
- 500 watt total power. Shareable to either ports
- Max charging current per port: 20A
- Measures battery temperature and voltage for safe charging limits for each battery
- Optional: expansion puck to charge 4x smart batteries per port
- Optional: Puck for 2-12S dumb battery charging and balancing
- USB interface for monitoring and controlling charge workflow from PC
- Optional: Integrated Raspberry Pi Compute module for Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity
- OLED screen for monitoring and outdoor viewing
- User Interface engineered for speed and safety. Plug-in to charge-start in less than 4 seconds
- Zero effort to train customers on battery charging and safety. Customer have two options: Regular charging / Fast Charging
- Mechanical design optimized for robustness and repairability
Sign up here for more details.