Data Bus mbed baseboards are now available on Tindie as a fundraiser! I figured maybe some folks wanted to experiment with their own algorithms and want a head start on their 2014 AVC ground vehicle entry. :)
I ordered a very small run from OSHPark (hopefully they arrive before June 8, but if not oh well), but will order more as needed.
- Three UART ports, one 3.3V, two 5V, series resistor protection
- Five I2C ports, all 3.3V
- ESC and steering Servo connector
- Dual wheel encoder port
- Port for 3 buttons (onboard UI)
- Onboard 5V regulator powered by ESC 6V BEC powers 5V UARTs
- Separate mbed supply rail to keep noise out of your GPS.
- Filtering / bypass caps
If there's enough interest I'll add some additional features.
This baseboard is in its fifth revision (version 4 was onboard when Data Bus took 3rd in the 2012 AVC).
Just get an mbed, load it up with my code ( and here), add an L3G4200D gyro, Venus or uBlox GPS, wheel encoders.
On Data Bus I run external power supplies, a separate encoder schmitt trigger board, a safety cutover so I can take control of the robot during testing, and I also run a Venus GPS, Pololu MinIMU-9 (for x axis gyro).
All the code is open source: