Today I was came aware of the ESPcopter crowdfunding on Indiegogo. The Espcopter is a unique small size mini drone that is a wirelessly networkable, interactive and programmable drone and what’s more Espcopter is suitable for IoT applications you can develop whatever you want to make.
• Small and lightweight, around 32g and about 90mm motor to motor
• Flight time up to 7 minutes with standard 260mAh Li-Po battery
• Standard micro-USB connector for charging which takes ~25min for the stock 260mAh Li-Po battery
• On-board low-energy radio@1mW based on the ESP8266-12E.
• Powerful 32-bit RISC CPU: Tensilica Xtensa LX106 running at 80 MHz (64kb flash, 96kb RAM)
• IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection
• 3-axis high-performance MEMs gyros with 3-axis accelerometer: Invensense MPU-6050
• laser ranging sensor provides 2cm - 200cm non-contact measurement function
• BMP180 up to 0.03hPa / 0.25m resolution
• Expansion header 2×10 pins 1.27mm (0.05”) pitch including power, I2C and UART.
• 2-layer low noise PCB design with separate voltage regulators for digital and analog supply
Follow this link to go to the Indiegogo project page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/espcopter/x/3729982#/