I had a couple of very brief flights with my slightly modified ArduPilot 2.6 code this evening.
I only had the chance to do a couple of passes in fly by wire mode, but the initial results are promising.
Still some gain tuning to do, but this isn't bad for a first attempt.
In the plot below:
Blue line is bank angle
Red line is pitch
Green is heading.
Blue DOTS indicate times when the Ardupilot was in Fly By Wire mode.
As you can see I'm getting oscillations of ~5 degrees around zero. Time for some gain tuning.
More importantly, I do think I am having range issues with the Ardupilot. The antenna down range test before the flight was not quite as good as I'm used to, however I decided it was safe to try. During the flight I did have a few glitches while in Manual mode, so I'd like to improve my range test results to try to clear those up.
Time to clean up my wiring a little. As you can see it's a bit of a rats nest right now.