Our company GET (Global Energy Transmission) has built and successfully tested the world’s first prototype hardware that can wirelessly power heavy drones over long distances. The prototype shows, that we can build a cell-tower like power network for drones, so that drones can safely grab enough energy in seconds to fly payloads across the charging network to stay aloft indefinitely or reach delivery destinations.
The key feature of the technology is a long length flexible transmission cord, which forms area of energy reception with a distance of up to 20 meters from the cord. Separately, each drone should be supplied with special receiving hardware.
The transmission cord concept allows us to offer unique solution for industrial applications since such cord can be placed around the building, construction, or any other object, providing wireless power for drones, which can operate in a 24x7 mode in the dedicated area without recharging. This can be used for monitoring, security and other applications.
Additionally, using such transmission cord, we aim to deploy charging spots for drones, making wireless power network for them. How it works:
• Charging spots can be located on the top of the roofs/in dedicated areas
• Drones can be charged on the fly (over the charging spot and in 10-20 meters from it)
• During several seconds, drone can grab amount of energy which is enough to jump to another spot in a several miles distance
Key competitive advantages compare with other solutions:
• Waterproof, works at any weather
• No necessary of precious positioning
• Charging multiple drones simultaneously without limitation (up to maximum output power of the transmitter)
• Preliminary research shows lower costs for manufacturing, installation and usage
We are sure this solution will fully disrupt commercial drone-enabled services, especially for commercial delivery and monitoring.
Check more http://getcorp.com/wirelessly-powered-drone/