TUBITAK, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, is organizing an international UAV competition, UAV TURKEY between 21-25 September 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey.
High School and University Teams will be welcomed to the competion.
The goal of the UAV TURKEY competition is to demonstrate the utility of UAVs for civilian applications, particularly in the applications that will help people in any emergency such as fire or accident. In this competition, participating teams will develop a UAV (either fixed or rotary wing) that possibly helps people in any emergency case by quickly and accurately transporting equipment to predetermined places in the competition area.
The competion has two categories: Group 1 Fixed wing electric powered UAVs, Group 2 Rotary wing electric powered UAVs.
UAV weight limit is maximum 4 kg take-off gross weight including payload.
The application for the competition has already started on January 25, 2016. Please find below other critical dates:
- Application ends: 29 February 2016
- Submission of conceptual design report: 26 March 2016
- Announcement of the qualified teams: 15 April 2016
- Submission of detailed design report and flight video: 22 July 2016
- Announcement of the qualified teams for the competition: 18 August 2016
- Competition: 21-25 September 2016
- 1st: 20,000 TRY (approximately 6,250 Euro or 6,750 US Dollar)
- 2nd: 15,000 TRY (approximately 4,700 Euro or 5,100 US Dollar)
- 3rd: 10,000 TRY (approximately 3,125 Euro or 3,400 US Dollar)
Thank you again.
For details, please check the official competition web site: http://uavturkey.tubitak.gov.tr/home_en.html and the blog http://forum.tubitak.gov.tr/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=3868&sid=....
For further information, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope this helps.
Good luck with the competition.
We are trying to write the report for our drone but there are not so much pages. How can we improve the first report ? (By the way we are plannig to make a hexacopter for the contest)