Dev Team member Pat Hickey, who works at Galois, let us know about this cool opportunity to work on advanced UAV software work and the ArduPlane/ArduCopter 32-bit evolution.
If you're looking to get into the UAV industry and have the software skills (and are willing to move to Portland), this is a great opportunity to work with a top-notch team of engineers including members of the APM dev team.
* INTERNSHIP AT GALOIS, Inc.
Galois, Inc. /span>www.galois.com> has an internship available in Portland,
The project is a 4+ year research project on build high-assurance
Galois will be working on three aspects of this problem:
* Synthesizing software components from Haskell-based embedded DSLs.
* Building/porting a hardware platform for testing our prototypes.
* Performing static/dynamic analysis on C/C++ code to detect vulnerabilities.
We intend to release open-source most (if not all) source code developed on the
project and we will be publishing on our research results.
Being an intern for repeated terms is a possibility.
The length and start date of the internship are all negotiable: anytime from
this fall through next fall is acceptable. Ideally, you can be at Galois for at
least 3 continuous months. The internship is paid competitively, and the intern
will be responsible for her own living arrangements (although we can certainly
help you find arrangements). Galois is located in the heart of downtown, with
multiple public transportation options available and world-class bicycle
infrastructure, so living here without an automobile is a viable option.
* The ability to be geographically located in Portland during the
* Good knowledge of C/C++.
* Some experience with low-level/embedded design.
* Excellent software engineering ability and aptitude.
* NICE-TO-HAVES (not necessary, but let me know if you have these
* Experience with Haskell and particularly embedded DSLs.
* Experience with microcontrollers (particularly ARM Cortex M).
* Experience with control systems.
* Interest in/experience with real-time systems and RTOSes.
* Interest in/experience with software security.
* Interest in/experience with static analysis.
* Experience with ArduPilot /span>http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/> or
other autopilot systems.
* Good writing skills/experience in writing technical papers.
* DO NOT NEED:
* A specific degree (we're interested in hearing from anyone from post-docs
Galois, Inc. is located in Portland, Oregon with a mission to create
trustworthiness in critical systems. We're in the business of taking
blue-sky ideas and turning them into real-world technology solutions.
We've been developing real-world systems for over 10 years using
To get a sense of life at Galois, one of our previous interns documented his
In one email,
* Please attach a C.V. (PDF, plain text, or markdown only).
* In the body of the email, include a brief non-HTML note stating your interest
and experience and any other relevant details.
Send this to Lee Pike (leepike at galois.com) with the subject line "Internship
2012". If you follow these directions, you'll get a confirmation.