The ArduPilot development team has released version 2.50 of APM:Rover. This release is mostly a back-end improvement to ArduPilot but a few new features and bug fixes are included.
Re-do Accelerometer Calibration
Due to a change in the maximum accelerometer range on the Pixhawk all users must re-do their accelerometer calibration for this release.
Only 3D accel calibration
The old "1D" accelerometer calibration method has now been removed, so you must use the 3D accelerometer calibration method. The old method was removed because a significant number of users had poor experiences.
Changes in this release are:
- CLI_ENABLED parameter added so the CLI can now be accessed in Rover
- PID logging for the steering controller. It its now possible to graph what the P, I and D are doing as your driving the rover around to enable much better tuning of the vehicle.
- Transition from .pde file to .cpp files for improved development.
- GIT Submodules created for PX4Firmware, PX4Nuttx and uavcan git repositories for improved development.
- Followme mode now works for Rover
- GUIDED mode significantly improved. If you have a GCS which is in Followme mode if the user then changes mode with the RC transmitter to HOLD or anything else then the Rover will STOP listening to the
- Followme updated guided mode waypoints.
- When going into GUIDED mode the rover went into RTL - this is fixed.
- Added EKF_STATUS_REPORT MAVLink message
- 64-bit timestamps in dataflash logs
- Numerous EKF improvements
- Added support for 4th Mavlink channel
- Added support for raw IMU logging
- Updated Piksi RTK GPS driver
- Improved support for GPS data injection (for Piksi RTK GPS)
- The SITL software in the loop simulation system has been completely rewritten for this release. A major change is to make it possible to run SITL on native windows without needing a Linux virtual machine. (thanks Tridge)