Check this out if you're interested in adding thermal capability to your drone. The resolution is lower than FLIR, but the accuracy of the readings seem to be very high (0.2*F). From the Kickstarter Specs Section:
- 64x62 thermopile array with integrated optics.
- Best sensor resolution at this price at 0.61 degree angular resolution
- No non-uniformity correction needed with thermopile technology
- Frame rate up to the ITAR-TASS regulations limit of 9 frames per second to any fully Bluetooth- or WiFi-capable device.
- Low power consumption and 850 mAhr battery provides up to 8 hours of continuous use without charging, or over a month if just using for 10 minutes daily.
- Android application for smartphone or tablet
- iOS application for iPhone and iPad
- Python & OpenCV application for windows & linux desktop
- App or button-driven laser pointer and online temperature display aligned to center of field of view with 0.2 deg Fahrenheit accuracy
- Thermal measurement range: -50F to 450F