I completed the maiden flight of my Ranger EX 757-3 today, with mixed results. The flying weight today was 6lbs, using a standard rule of thumb, the power requirements would be 450 - 600W. The supplied 3715/1000KV outrunner brushless motor only provides 300W.
- Initial parameter selection flew the aircraft safely and successfully in Manual and FBWA!
- The build was good (no bits flew off)!
- All the systems checked out
- Power monitor
- LIDARlite V3
- Airspeed sensor
- Modes checked
- Manual - now have a good trim
- Under powered, with the current motor and 6lbs flying weight takeoff and climb out were sluggish
- Batteries 2 x 5100mah 3S 8C batteries in parallel - which should deliver 40A each
- 40A ESC
- 25A motor (~300W)
- Looking to upgraded the motor to 450W plus and may need 60A ESC for 600W motor