Hi All! I've been busy building this new experimental screened-in drone.
It's built out of many DIY style components. 3D printed motor mounts, rain gutter screen "finger protector rings", some spare foam, rubber damping balls, random bits of carbon fiber cut up, epoxy, hot glue and a micro apm.
My mail goal of this project was to have a fun park flyer that would be safer than open blades. I also tried to make it light and flexible. Flexible as in it can bounce off the ground and still keep going. I bounced it off the walls and floors in my home for a quick test and it works quite well.
All in all i'm quite impressed. It is DIY so everything isn't perfect, but it gets the job done. I'm posting some more pics below. Some have the GPS installed and others don't. I didn't need it for my indoor tests when I took some of the pics.