Here it is! Finally, the PixHawk Fire Cape (PXF) is ready for a wider audience and we've launched a crowdfunding campaign so that everyone can get theirs. We've been iterating through different generations over the last year and with the help of many, we are finally proud to announce the PXF starting at $100.
This board was born out Philip's hands and pushed by members of this community so it's just reasonable to try making it as affordable and accesible as possible. Some technical details:
- MPU6000: 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and temperature sensor.
- MPU9250: 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer and temperature sensor
- LSM9DS0: 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer and temperature sensor.
- MS5611-01BA03: Barometer that includes pressure and temperature sensors.
- 3x LED indicators (Green, Amber and Blue)
- 2x serial UART ports (ttyO0 is not active)
- 1x CAN connector and transceiver
- 3x I2C ports
- 1x Buzzer
- 1x Safety switch
- 9x PWM output channels
- 1 PPM/S.Bus in
- 1x Spektrum
- 1x Power brick connector
- 1x Battery backup (1 LiPo cell)
- 1x ADC
- 2x GPIOs exposed (IO)
- 1x analogic pressure sensor (AIR)
- Size: 88.6 x 54.73 x 20.69 mm
- Layers: 6
- PCB Thickness: 1.62 mm
- Weight: 31 grams
Support the crowdfunding campaign of the PXF here.