We're within a day or two of releasing ArduCopter 2.6.1 to the public in the Mission Planner. It's the best performing code we've flown and the waypoint accuracy is really impressive. You can check out Marco Robustini's video above to see an long-distance waypoint flight, some tight loiter at 5:30 (holding in a 1m box!) and a fun demo of autorotation.
A full list of changes is here, but they include:
- Better loiter, especially with the new 3DR uBlox GPS. Check out the video from Marco above!
- Better yaw control
- Better DCM implementation, resulting in noticeably smoother flight
- Better camera control, including improved setup in the Mission Planner.
- Fix to dataflash erasing, which should resolve an issue some users were having
- Fix some MAVLink commands
- Fix Circle command
- Fix some units