Robot_Blocky has been updated with the following improvements
- New launch file
- Self contained Python web server
- Save to file ability
- Load from file ability
- Erle-Brain block status led control
- Execution "Pause/Resume' ability
New launch file and Python web server
The new Python web server allows Robot_Blockly to be self contained by launching its own server. The server creates the website directly from the source files located in /frontend.
The web server and the backend are now executed at the beginning of the execution. We use a new roslaunch file to execute both nodes at the same time. Nodes are created from pywebserver.py and robot_blockly_backend.py files.
Save to file / Load from file
Blockly workspace can be now saved or loaded using a XML file. This allows to share different block configurations among the community.
New Erle-Brain block has been created with capabilities to control the orange and blue statusleds.
Execution 'Pause/Resume' ability
Code execution can be now paused and resumed. This allows the user to have a bigger control over performance.
Changes that are in development or will be developed soon:
- ROS code obtainment and execution in backend. This will reduce web traffic and will allow developers to work in pure python code. It will also reduce debugging time significantly.
- Sensor reading blocks. Sensor information will be usable to create more interesting block configurations.
- Cancel the current execution. This will increase safety and control over the robots.
The following github users helped the erle-robotics team with this the update.
Nickolaim, AndriyPt, awesomebytes