For those of you who, like me, love Lego Mindstorms as a robotics prototyping tools, good news. The best programming language for Mindstorms is Robot C
, and it's just been upgraded to 2.0. (It's a free upload for registered users of the previous versions).
New features include:
* Tabbed Programming Interface – Multiple programs can be open at a single time.
* New Hardware Support – Support for PITSCO’s TETRIX Programming Language
* New Competition Support – ROBOTC is an approved programming language for the FIRST Tech Challenge competition.
* “Live Start Page” – Feature allows users to keep in touch with the latest news and updated from the ROBOTC community.
* More Sample Programs – Over 150 new and updates samples programs now included with ROBOTC
* Updated User Interface – Updated and modernized ROBOTC’s user interface, with floating and dockable debugger windows.
* Improved Debugger – ROBOTC’s debugger can now control motors and servo individually, as well as provide easy-to-use debugging information for users.
* NXT Remote Control – NXT users can now send joystick data from their PC to their robots using a Logitech USB game controller.
* Improved Help System – Now includes sample usage of functions, as well as references to sample programs.
* Upgraded Motor and Sensor Setup Wizard– Easier to configure different types of sensors and motor features, such as PID and encoders. Includes easy configuration for TETRIX controllers as well.