Solo is now available with gimbal included, and the latest 1.2 firmware update (automatically loaded by the app) has made major improvements to its wireless range, video quality and GPS (with more to come soon).
On of the best things about Solo being a connected device is that we can deliver continual improvements and features for free, and why your Solo will only get better with time.
We’ve also been committed since Solo’s release to keeping an ear to the ground and listening to what our users have been experiencing. These updates will not only deliver new features and improvements from our end, but will directly address things on your end as well.
An accompanying app update for iOS and Android that adds more GoPro control, including video/still switching and other settings along with better video and photo recording on the phone, is coming soon.
Here’s a brief rundown on Version 1.2, which is available now
- Smoother gimbal performance at all tilt angles
- Improved gimbal initialization
- New gimbal motor protection algorithm—you can push its limits further
- Networking improvements to increase range in crowded WiFi environments
- Automatically shut down the GoPro with Solo’s power button
- Smoother controls in and out of Smart Shots
- General reliability improvements