Since my last blog post on June, 29, we have a lot of news.
1. We chose a factory for the batch production.
2. First factory 20 prototypes were assembled and passed all tests!
3. We're also conducted some additional experiments:
- Livestream 3D video over external videolink:
- ROS depth map building
TL;DR for ROS implementation is here
- YouTube stereoscopic livestream over LTE dongle
- Livestream to Oculus Go (3rd person view like in computer games)
Oculus experiment details are here
- Front view/rear view livestream from our crawler
- 360 degree panoramic photo
TL;DR step-by-step experiment description is here
4. We plan to start crowfunding campaign in the nearest weeks.
You can subscribe to our crowdfunding updates and campaign start reminder.
If you have any hardware or software questions, I'm ready to answer them.
UPD> Thanx Tomas for reminder in his comment - I forgot to put a link on a project's site: http://stereopi.com