We have just implemented 3D playback with Roll, Pitch, Yaw animation on www.exmaps.com.
We feel that 3D playback will be much better than 2D visualisation. You do not need to reconstruct the flight mentally using roll, pitch, yaw graph nor figure out how did the drone fly via the 2D "spaghetti" created on the 2D map. 3D playback not only shows the path in 3D space but also animates the state of the drone.
It will be easier to
1) see if the plane is indeed flying with nose pointing to line of flight
2) which way the multirotor crash
3) drop in height during flight
There are some limitations:
1) Might not depict rapid roll/spin movement correctly
2) Might not be compatible with mobile devices and older computers
Heres an interesting high altitude helium balloon plane flight http://exmaps.com/c835c8 done by LOHAN
Do give it a try and let us know what you think!