Arducopter 2.8.1 is now in the mission planner and in the downloads area! Remember to do your MP configuration again after loading this code, since it erases your EEPROM and sets it to the new defaults. 

Note: Issues with APM1 user's level feature not working are now resolved.  If you installed 2.8 we highly recommend you upgrade to 2.8.1 as 430 extra bytes of RAM have been freed up which reduces the chance of memory corruption (although we haven't seen any cases of this on the APM2 at least) .

Note #2: this release has not gone out for Traditional Helicopters until they can be tested fully.  Flip and Toy mode have also not been fully tested.

Improvements over 2.7.3:

• Improved ACRO mode (Leonard Hall)
  • Improved stability patch to reduce "climb-on-yaw" problem (Leonard, Rob Lefebvre, Randy)
  • Rate controller targets moved to body frames (yaw control now works properly when copter is inverted) (Leonard/Randy)
  • Less bouncy Stabilize yaw control (Leonard)
  • OpticalFlow sensor support for APM2.5 (Randy)
  • DMP works again by adding "#define DMP_ENABLED ENABLED" to APM_Config.h You can also log DMP vs DCM to the dataflash by adding "#define SECONDARY_DMP_ENABLED ENABLED" (Randy)
  • Watch dog added to shutdown motors if main loop feezes for 2 seconds (Randy)
  • Thrust curve added to linearize pwm->thrust. Removes deadzone found above 90% throttle in most ESC/motors (Randy)
  • More timing improvements (main loop is now tied to MPU6000s interrupt) (Randy)
  • GPS NMEA bug fix (Alexey Kozin)
  • Logging improvements (log I terms, dump all settings at head of dataflash log) (Jason)

Bug Fixes / Parameter changes:

• fixed skipping of last waypoint (Jason)
  • resolved twitching when no GPS attached (Tridge)
  • fixed loss of altitude if alt hold is engaged before first GPS lock (Randy/Jason)
  • moved Roll-Pitch I terms from Stabilize controllers to Rate controllers
  • TILT_COMPENSATION param tuned for TradHeli (Rob)

Code Cleanup:

• HAL changes for platform portability (Pat Hickey)
  • Removed INSTANT_PWM (Randy)

As per usual PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/jDrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Please note that on this release we've moved the Roll and Pitch I terms from the Stabilize controller to the Rate controller. There's some evidence that says this can lead to flips on take-off if you move the roll or pitch sticks around as you take-off so we recommend you leave these sticks in the middle until you're in the air.

Please feel free to report issues you find in the discussion below and/or add them to the issues list.

Thanks and enjoy!

Tags: ACM, APM1, APM2, ArduCopter, Heli, Quad

Views: 108644

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ArduCopter ver 2.81 Automission record

http://youtu.be/1RiHGnQbE30
HexCopter with  APM1.4 2560 + ublox GPS

All pids are default except for

RATE_D,0.004
RATE_I,0.1
RATE_IMAX,300
RATE_P,0.13
Remark:The default Nav p 2.4 seems not enough for wind stronger than 6m/s

HI!

I have two questions:

1. How can i change throttle gains? When i arm my 3DR Hexa (APM 2.5 with 880kv motors and arducopter 2.8.1) and move throttle stick to minimum it starts and speed is increasing by itseft to infinity. It will lift until i move throttle to minimum again. When i move it down motors just stop. No matter where my stick was at the moment.

2. My Hexa is prety horizontal stable in air, but it is rotating clockwise in about 1 turn per second. Which parameter is responsible to this? I'm trying to stop rotation with stick, but no luck. Trims are also not affecting rotation.

I fly only with Stabilize now.

Alex.

надо смотреть на показания индикатора радио по яв, проверить калибровку канала, проверить что происходит с курсом при включении моторов - возможно влияние магнитных полей от силовых проводов на компас.

возможно попутали порядок подключения моторов или направления вращения винтов

привет, спасибо за комментарий

яв у меня иногда почему то вообще выдает какие то дичайшие цифры типа 65554

после нажатия ресета начинает нормально показывать

включение моторов не влияет, проверял

порядок моторов перепроверял, тоже вроде ок, направление в порядке

он горизонтально стабилен, но почему то вращается вокруг оси Z в квартире медленно совсем, на улице 1 оборот в секунду.

и не могу понять, почему он сам набирает скорость, даю совсем немного троттла просто раскрутить моторы, одну секунду скорость сохраняется, потом медленно начинает ускоряться и продолжает набирать скорость, пытаюсь триммером отрезать скорость - нифига, трогаю стик естественно сразу отключение моторов и камнем вниз.

Есть ощущение что надо какие то ПИДы править, но не понимаю какой за что отвечает

яв смотрите на экране fly data если курс при неподвижном контроллере меняется - то это серьезная неполадка.

первое что следует сделать это очистить епром и сбросить на дефолтные пиды

для этого в терминале setup затем erase

setup reset  Y

откалибровать радио, проверить режимы, откалибровать компас и убедиться что компас откалиброван верно -  курс при повороте на 180 меняется четко на 180 выждав десять секунд убедиться что не уползает

для начала следует установить пару пидов поменьше

stabilize rate p с 0,175 уменьшить до ,110  и чуть ниже IMAX c 5 до 3

но эти пиды на яв не влияют, некоторые коптеры с такими высокими пидами кувыркаются на старте

буду пробовать после ремонта, спасибо

из-за кручения умудрился в озеро уронить вчера

просушил, всё работает, только один регуль поджарился

Получилось откалибровать компас через Live Calibration. Теперь стабильно показывает направление, спасибо. Пришлось заново шить прошивку 2.8.1 и делать ресет епрома.

Продублирую на английском, чтобы людям понятнее было.

-------------------------

Finally compass is working stable after LiveCalibration. Reprogramming to 2.8.1 again and clearing eprom helps. Thanks

mm not all the people here talk russian. I guess it would be nice to chat in english while on public parts of english forum? Some people could find your talk useful and that is the idea of forums. :)

im sorry

Just a friendly reminder. I too love to hear mother language on foreign forums :) 

Is anyone able to assist with a thread I commented on 2 weeks ago, I think it's been lost in the thread.

http://www.diydrones.com/forum/topics/arducopter-2-8-released?xg_so...

Every now and then the aircraft twitches and you hear a slight beep form one of the motor as it does so. It's a HexaCopter.

I'm hoping it'll just be a PID adjustment that someone can suggest or if there is something obvious in the logs if the twitch can be seen.

Any help would be appriciated as it does concern me a little when flying as this behaviour doesn't seem right.

Many thanks,

Steve

Sounds to me like you get a sync issue between esc and motor.  Maybe try setting the esc's to high timing.

Another option might be that the esc's have some trouble with the high 490hz update rate.  Try setting RC_SPEED to 400 instead of 490.

Regards,

u4

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service