Issue with RDF868+ [UPDATED: New Problem]

UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am having problems with the ground unit. I am able to connect the air unit to the mini apm, and the mini apm to Mission Planner. The program recgonises the radio version and its configuration.

But the ground unit, which uses mini-USB, is causing me some trouble. I try to connect it through USB to Mission Planner, as stated on Ardupilot web. The baud rate used is 115200 (I tried also 57600). Then the timeout starts counting till it reaches 0, then an error message pops up: "No heartbeat packages received" or something similar.

I don't know what's the problem, since the air unit seems to work fine.

Thanks.

EDIT: Here you have a video, what I am doing wrong. I am a little bit lost...

Link: https://youtu.be/Rh1DejhjPTM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. This is my first post.

Currently I am doing a subject (at college) which consists on buliding a drone (at least, try to know how works each part).

Well, I have to do the telemetry of the drone and we are using RFD868+. We are using a FTDI chip in order to convert the connector of the radio (UART I think) to USB and be able to connect it to the PC. The GROUND unit works correctly, I can upload the firmware with RFDtools without problems.

Here are the pics of the connections I made...

GzgUWYT.jpgqYFAudw.jpgSabVj5I.jpgThis is the error I get:

LNFU5p6.jpg

And here we the pins of the Radio.

hMs8qAX.jpgwsNwAZw.jpg

Furthermore, recently our teacher (the owner of the equipment) received a mail from jDrones telling him that they had detected some faulty RFD868/900, specially on the air unit. I wonder if my antenna is faulty or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In MP disconnect, go to initial setup, Sik Radio, and click Load Settings, if the radio are talking the remote radio should show the settings (always at 57600 bauds)

If its the case and you saying that the remote red light is flickering then its a connection problem between remote and APM, maybe tx/rx cables wrong way round

• Well, I cannot see any red light flickering.  I uploaded a video on YouTube to show you the situation.

https://youtu.be/Rh1DejhjPTM

• the red light of the two radio will be flickering if they talk to themselves, even before you try to connect with MP, means your radios are not connecting between them, go back to settings and make sure both are with same settings

pls take and post screenshot of settings of both the radios to help with problem

• ROL44C7.jpg

• Both radios have exactly the same firmware, and exactly the same settings in all the parameters.

• QLeG1uS.jpgUsing a Pixhawk instead of the mini APM, still getting the same error. Timeout finishes and no heartbeat packets received.

EDIT: With the pixhawk IT WORKS.

• There you go....

• It seems that the problem was the mini APM. Tomorrow I'll repeat it with the miniAPM.

• May it be that mini APM does not support RFD868?

• Thanks, I'll check and come back here to comment.

This reply was deleted.

Activity