Starting with ArduPlane and a few questions

Hi,

I got my APM2.5 module a few weeks ago and until now I could perform only static (i.e. non flying) tests (I believe it is a good way to get to know the product first).  Everything seems to work all right, except for the auto calibration of the compass, but probably this is due to the fact the APM was not actually moving (hence no good correlation between the magnetic heading and the GPS heading). 

I am currently using the latest versions of Mission Planner 1.2.35 and ArduPlane 2.70. 
When the APM is connected with the USB regular log files are made and saved on the HDD of the PC.  Afterwards they can be loaded and played, which is absolutely wonderful. 
However, when it is not connected with the USB cable (my APM is not equipped with a radio for telemetry), I can see the logs stored in the internal flash memory using the “logs” command in “CLI” mode (I can even see the content flashing by on the screen in text format when using the “dump” command), but I can’t  find a way to store the internal log files on the HDD of the PC so they can be loaded and played as the other ones. 

In the parameter list published in the Wiki “Appendix”/”Parameters and their meaning” (which is a great help), I read about e.g. the “TKOFF_THR_MINSPD” parameter.  However this parameter does not appear  in the advanced parameter list of the Mission Planner when the APM is connected..

All help is welcome, thanks and best regards,
Jean.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would also like to have an explanation of how to enter these parameters.  The manual is a little vague on this point.  I was after the setting to set the channel for enabling geofence.  When I looked through the advanced parameters when connected up it was not there, however after posting the question a reply assured me it that is where I should be looking.  However it is not in the advanced parameters listing in the manual.  Perhaps the manual is lagging the firmware a bit.

I have not rechecked the advanced parameters when connected up to my APM yet.  However it is interesting that you cannot find this parameter either.

• Developer

Jean,

Here's the wiki page on how to download the dataflash logs.  There's a green Download Log button on the Terminal screen of the mission planner.

I don't know much about the plane parameters (I'm more an expert on the copter side) so I can't help with your last question.

This reply was deleted.

Activity