Continuing from my last post and hunting down the ever ending dream for "more" Skiptrovamon took a new form. This time our team goals was to keep the good things from our first airframe and..:
-Step on Known PIDs
-Make more room for cameras and FPV gear
-increase lift and decrease wing loading
-Follow DIYDRONES hardware update
-More movement-servo accuracy
-Eliminate image post processing
At the current state you see this model on the below pictures, the wingspan is 2 meters and the weight is 700 gramms (24,5 ounches). Front fuselage is built up by styrofoam sheets , "boom" is built with balsa using some styrofoam frames, tail system is also styro sheets with small reinforcements and the wing is made out of white 25 Kg/cub.m. EPS foam reinforced of course as needed. The wing is also folding in the middle for easy transporation...
like Skiptrovamon I, our next model is sheeted with 1mm carbon fiber:
-As you can see is much like a 2 meter skywalker, so ready made PIDs both for APM1 and APM2 work great.
-with 4s 2600mah we achieved 40 minutes flight time.
-All up weight is 2,1 kg, incl. Cameras, APM, and FPV gear witch means it has less than 40gr/sdm wing loading!!
-Super steady even with 12,5m/s wind gusts
- 17km/h Stall speed!
- New digital high tourqe servos, consume less Amps (1,2a) and give super precise movement
- APM will keep us up to date for a time
- Mission Planner wms and georeference tool, provides us a 20cm accurasy for calculations and stiching methods.Also i can export our results to both world or local Datum. 10000 thanks Michael.
- For first time we can use geniuses like Penman for Spatial focal or even global computations instead of local.
-Even if its steady, and noise free, camera is triggered with a 9gr servo and without stabilization we have two issues:
A. Computer rutines must compute Omega Phi Kappa, witch means we need a powerfull ground station and expensive software like Erdas
-Manually i can bind image acquisition with log files but as i mentioned before, a text file with pitch, roll, yaw, baro and Nmea from the click moment could make orthorectification completely auto. maybe a guide to transform log files to excel sheets could help
- Please someone clarify on the wiki if we can use our old GPS with APM2, beacause everything is inside fuselage now
Thank everyone working to this community for making dreams happen
I attach a setup senario for APM2 and iam waiting any comments if you spot some errors or suggetions to improve it. electrosetup.pdf