100kv 9KG AUW AutoTune Success!

Hi Developers and my fellow users,

I would like to share with you my great joy and amazement with the success of an autotune I performed on my SteadiDrone QU4D X. The platform uses 100kv motors and had an all up weight of over 9kg. I was very hesitant to do it because of the cost of the propellers and motors as well as the warnings on the AutoTune page about low kv motors but after having talked with Brandon Basso from 3DR, decided to give it a go. This platform is now incredibly stable and responsive. After the Autotune, I flew two ~40min automatic mapping missions in 5-6m/s winds which went flawlessly. If the log file from the autotune and subsequent flights would be helpful to either developers or other users, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will make them available. Thank you to everyone involved in the development of this fantastic feature and amazing product! 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great work! Can you please post some details about the rest of the propulsion system -- how many S lipo, and prop diameters? I would be interested in your log files, too. I think I might like to try and duplicate your setup, if that's ok with you.

This reply was deleted.

Activity