Hallo, today I have testet the new version, and I have to say, this was the best version I ever testet.

I have stupidly erased the wrong logs after flying, so I can´t share my logs.

In Loiter mode I have a Circle of 1 meter which the copter hovers. The only think I have to mention, is the barometer, the copter moves up and dow around 1 meter.

So I have to say thanks and go on with your works, it´s very good.

I hope I can fly today again and then I will share the logs.

thx

druckgott

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I must also say that Im happy with 2.0.33, altough I've only tested stabilize, simple and LOITER, the GPS adquisition time is incredible just 25 seconds in my backyard full of buildings.

Loiter mode was great in so reduced space!!

MY CONFIG:

TYPE: "QUAD X"

FIRMWARE: last .33 (AC2 directly from mission planner)

FRAME: 28mm

STOCK: all stock motors,esc,frame,prop 10x45 and weight/gravity center

SONAR: NO

TELEMETRY: NO

GPS: YES mediatek stock

CAMERA/FPV: NO

LIPO: 2650 3s

MAGNETOMETER: YES and enabled

PID: all default

• reading this, i cant wait to try 2.033 - is the camera stabilization sorted ?
  • please I'm having trouble locating the link to down load 2.0.33 code
  • 100KM

I have also upgraded to 2.0.33 today and can confirm the findings from druckgott. Although there was absolutely no wind today, so the real test will be when there is a little wind. Copter was VERY stable and I could leave my hands off the tx in stabilise for many seconds and my hexa would only wander off a few meters.

In alt_hold I could hear the motors work to keep altitude. On baro it would wander up and down 1-2m which corresponds to the variations I see in the CLI when testing the baro. On sonar it would still wander a bit, but might be better with some pid tuning. Though my sonar seems off a bit when I test in CLI : min value is 34cm and when I keep copter at my height (I'm about 1.80m) it indicates 2.5m. Is there a way to calibrate it ? (I'm using the recommended sonar from the wiki)

Loiter was also much better then before (though no wind, so it was easy on the copter). I had loiterradius on 1m and with stock pid's it stayed within about 1m for about a minute orso. Then it slowly started wandering left and right, about 1-2m to each side, slowly going further and further, at which time I took over.

So great work guys !  I'm eagerly awaiting for the next release with RTL improvements !

A few more questions if I may : Can loiter radius be set to zero ?   Are auto-landings (take-offs) implemented already ?  

• So now I have uploaded a short video and here are also my parameter file

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/8197683

03_07_2011_V2_0_33_Loiter.param

• Ok now I have made a second flight, here are the logs. I also have done a video, I will upload it now.

The first loiter section works not so good, but the third works perfekt.

05-07-11 08-57 1.kmz

05-07-11 08-57 1.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692233720?profile=original
  • The amount of work Jason and the team has put into this is unbelievable and it shows!
  • 3D Robotics
    Great news and thanks for sharing! We're definitely getting close to taking this out of beta. Jason's got some RTL tweaks coming in the next version, and that could be the one.
This reply was deleted.

Activity