I am wondering if anyone is flying a platform that achieves 30 minutes flight time in practice, while carrying a small camera.

The Phantom 2 Vision is close, at 20 to 25 minutes from a 5200mAh battery, but I am looking for a platform with more equipment flexibility. My Arducopter 3DR-B and my Hoverthing Flip FPV Pro are nowhere near the duration.

If you are flying a copter which gets 30 minutes or more with a camera, would you please share your setup?

Thank you 

Knut

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What's your current build idea?
          • Pretty simple stuff really - nothing revolutionary. Focus on usability and reliability, not absolute endurance.

- X8 frame: http://quadframe.com/collections/y6-x8-frames/products/fol-quad-pro-x8

- 8 x Sunnysky x4112s 400kv

- 4 x 15" + 4 x 16" (or maybe go all 16"). 17" will cause motor overheating, according to ecalc

- APM2.6 (what's the situation with APM running 8 motors? I thought there was a problem?). It might get a pixhawk instead, depending on funds and if there are still performance problems with 8 motors.

- Frsky X8D (or ezUHF)

- Immersion 600mw 5.8 (or lawmate 2.4)

- 8 x multistar 45a (over-specced...)

- 4 x folding legs http://quadframe.com/collections/legs/products/landing-legs-for-25m...

- 12,000mah 6S (space for 16,000). www.maxamps.com

- minimOSD and 433 telemetry radio (though not if I go with ezUHF).

- Payloader "max" (still designing this - a 5kg version of my existing one: http://shop.performanceauv.com/Payloader-Night-edition-PAYLOADER-NI...)

• found this motor & prop setup is more  efferent on lower voltage 3S, 4S & 5S. find that 6S generates more heat less flight time. copter should be light enough to hover on 3S battery  !

• What size quad is it?  That must be pretty big if using 17" props.  I have seen 1000mm size quads with 15".  curious to see the frame and portability.  but yeah!!! i would love to see the project

• Not quite 30 mins, but I can get 24 minutes at "smooth video" sticks at 900m ASL, at 20'c ambient. Landing at 3.5v.

- Quadframe "heavy", with 155mm legs (CF bottoms though), 4 pontoons and DJI plate

- Tmotor 3508-29's, with Tmotor 1450" props and Tmotor Opto Pro 30A ESC

- Forgotten PDB + Gryphon 5V and 12V BEC's (3 turns of ferrous each)

- APM 2.5 + external mag/compass on DJI GPS pole + 433mhz telem with 1/2 wavelength Ant. Zeal corners anti-vibe

- MinimOSD

- RCtimer gimbal + Martinez v49. Hardened balls

- GoPro2 + video out cable

- Maxamps 10,900mah 6S

- Braincube + 4 HP LED's

- SC2000 PZ0420 flight cam + immersion 600mw 5.8 + ibcrazy Ant + HK FPV Switcher

- Spektrum AR8000 + TM1000

• sorry to disappoint you small craft like the phantom not really possible without upgrades.LOL

Well this 650 will kill it 15min you need larger copter for 30-40 min flight time

This reply was deleted.

Activity