3D Robotics Iris update

Thought I'd pass on this tidbit for anyone else who's been waiting for their Iris pre-order to arrive.  I got the following message earlier today from 3DR support:

"Dear customer,

We are contacting you today in regards to your order xxxxxx, containing an Iris.

We have been informed that due to some improvements on the product, all Iris orders are being delayed and expected to be shipped early February, as an estimate.

We are working very hard to improve the design to guarantee you all, the best quality in our products.

We appreciate your ongoing loyalty to us as well as your understanding.

Please let me know if I can further assist you."

Agh!. But I guess it's better for them to make fixes (uh, sorry... "improvements") before we get it rather than after.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also recieved a FedEx tracking number today, so hang in there if you ordered an Iris. I placed mine the moment the consumer model was posted. Can't wait, and knowing they worked this hard to make it as perfect as possible for us was worth the wait. thanks
      • Just got my tracking number today (after being told last week).

How long did yours take to arrive?

• Chris, please better communications with the 3DR staff.  We're all hanging here.

• Chris,

Do you have an update on shipping for us?

I know we must sound like anxious kids at xmas :-), but it's starting to look this will be the 4th month's delay or even longer for some of us...

Thank you!

• 3D Robotics

We announced the shipping has started two days ago. They're being shipped in the order that the orders were placed, but I expect that we'll have all pre-orders cleared in about ten days. 

• Awesome, 

Thank you for the good news!

I was going by another post", quoted below, from the 17th that said the poster had called on the 17th and gotten a "we don't know when they will ship" response. So, I assumed that meant that we were looking at more delays. 

"Called 3DR again today and still no update on the status of our IRIS orders or an estimated ship date.  The 17th of February was the last date given (Today) so you'd think someone would know the status."

Thank you for the hard work,

Steve

• What will the current lead time be for an order say placed today for 1 or more IRIS's?

• Will the consumer/ production RTF version be user friendly for a newbie like me? Between the Phantom 2 and the Iris, I'm leaning towards the Iris. I'm hoping it's fairly easy to get it up and running and easy enough to operate all the features the Iris has to offer.

• I had to follow up 3d robotics on my order. I don't understand why, when I placed this order they mentioned the delay. My order was place after the first post on this thread. The communication is abysmal. 

•    I called 3D robotics for an update since i ordered my Iris relatively recently on Jan. 2nd. I called today Jan 28 to check on my status of my ordered. Manny was very apologetic he and stated a massive e-mail had been sent out explaining the problem. In Dec. I had received my Y-8. I am happy with the quality and it was proudly made in Tijuana. Thus I am not a new customer. I provided my e-mail again and still had not received the update about the delay so i checked here to find out the details. My first order I noted not good communication after I check to see the status of my Y-8. They had sent an e-mail almost one month earlier which indeed wound up in my spam that it was ready to be picked up. Sometime delays happen but effective communication is key and follow up. If i did not call my Y-8 probably would still be waiting for me on Convoy Ct. Great product but follow up is important. Front office on Convoy Ct.  staff with very little eye contact and no smiles when I went there.

This reply was deleted.

Activity