Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congrats on getting it done!! I was just looking at the store and noticed the export control classification number. Then I noticed its now shipping to a huge list of countries. Nice work and thank you!!
  • On behalf of all Europeans and other foreigners, the best news is allowed to deliver the 3DR again.

Next week will be shipped back according to a statement by Chris

Chris was a hard time!

best regards from Germany, Klaus

• Great to hear! Thank you for working so hard to bring back exports!
    • 3D Robotics

Just to confirm Klaus's comment, we did announce at DroneCon that exports to 44 countries (including Europe, Australia and most others we usually serve) will resume this week.  That's great news and having now gone through this regulatory process, we have ensured that future exports will continue without disruption. 

• Hi Chris,

Is that mean i can order it from 3DR store and ship to Australia?

• Woot!

No more having to use a third party reshipper...

Hoorah.

• I dont KNOW the answer to this, but I doubt that the package will be returned.

The import duty will have been paid by Fedex and they will want that money back, and invoice to you will already have been created.

In law, once you give the package to the courier, the courier needs to take full responsibility for the completion of that delivery as a contract. Unless 3DR havent paid the bill, Fedex will deliver. Even then Fedex will probably give you the option of paying the charges to avoid shipping it back. (Unpaid bills often mean the package is opened and the contents sold to recover rather than return ship it)

We all get upset at couriers but they take their discipline seriously, I think you'll get the package on Monday

E

• GOOD MORNING Ewen....what about you read the whole thread before you post your irrelevant opinion..!

• No need to be a cock Emin

Regards

Ewen

This reply was deleted.

Activity