Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• any news?or pixhack wtf

• Can't image how much longer 3DR can hold out with this. Takes cash flow to run a business and the global market seems like a sizable chunk of revenue. Hope the US authorities put things into perspective soon.

• its more serious than that....did you notice they try to introduce spying on where we fly?

http://www.travelbydrone.com/

• Emin, that is user submitted data. :|

• did u noticed thread where all developers was delighted with that idea......

• As a 3DR Distributor I hope they are able to overcome the export issues soon. There are solid alternatives out there though. 

For APM I fully recommend the RCTimer Arduflyer boards. They are not cheap copies but do require soldering the pin headers on. We have been using them extensively for well over a year. Been through quite a few on various customer builds and not had issues. 

onDrone ArduFluer APM2.6 board

We are based in London, UK and sell boards and fully built quads and hexas directly.  All components listed on the site are in stock and ready to ship. We still have a lot of stock not listed so please get in touch if there something specific you need. 

http://www.ondrone.com/collections/flight-controllers/products/apm-2-6-autopilot
    • actually RC timer boards have issue with power regulator blowing ! happy model has issues with some GPS modules .

• Really? We have not seen any power regulator problems with any of our builds or tests on these boards. 

We always attach a capacitor and power APM from power module or dedicated UBEC. 

• yes you are right about ercmarket,but I am not sure non of listed shop have them...did you try to order?

One drone...

..I am sure you can find one if you want

• Anyone tried a freight forwarder such as reship.com, shipito.com or any other?

This reply was deleted.

Activity