[SOLVED] 3DRobotics X8 APM 2.6 big revup

I got a problem with a 3DRobotics X8 with APM 2.6 and firmware 3.2.1 with 3DRobotics X8 RTF parameters.

When arming, its motors idles up and runs at a comfortable low idle speed, as it should.

When raising the throttle, you expect the rpms to raise as well. Nothing happens. Not until 15% throttle, it jumps directly to a higher rpm and without the gimbal and camera, it will fly.

Why?

I have done the ESC-calibration again.

History: This X8 have been flying a lot. It crasched (flipped at 130m). Got two new motors, Futaba-receiver instead of FrSky and upgraded from fw 3.0.1 to 3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Anyone? Have to fly it soon...  :-/

As mentioned above, arming -> good idle speed. But when raising the throttle, nothing happens until 15-20% then it jumps up to a high rpm (without gimal and camera, it takes off).

• When I hit enter, I recalled that the parameterfile was loaded for the X8 RTF which this 3DRobotics X8 should be.

I realized that there are two of these today.

3DRobotics X8 RTF 2013 (the old one, same as the one Im working with)

3DRobotics X8 RTF (the new one.... with Pixhawk!) <-- Could this be the problem?

• Problem solved (a while ago). It was the "recommended" parameter-file. And when also reloading APM:Plane and again APM:Copter firmware ("reset and clear") it worked good as long the parameter file wasnt used, even though only a few parameters were changed by the parameter-file.

This reply was deleted.

Activity