4x4wd RC Mowbot

Hi Guys, can someone please advise me as to what controller and microcontroller would be best suited for my setup, being, 4x 36v hub motors 350w? I'll be forever in your dept because I don't have a bloody clue. Lol. Mic.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  ESC have power input limits both have different power requirements  max voltage 6s  lipo 22v 14s Lipo 51.87v

more voltage more power more expensive !

• So they are motor controllers. Ok. So I will need 4 of the 1st link and 1of the second link.?

• No this is a ESC, electronic speed controller, this is the electronic device that causes your motor to run, it controls the speed of the motor thru RC Rx & Tx ! connects to the battery! each motor needs its own ESC! you will also need a micro controller to control all 5 ESC to do task like Pix hawk ! like the firs controller but for Radio controlled device. 

• You loose me when you go into planes and heli. What's an ECS etc. All I know at this stage of the game is I need a controller or controllers, a micro controller, transmitter, receiver and batteries to get the carriage going. To make things easier we'll leave the cutting deck stage for after. Don't get me wrong, I need your help but I'm a dope when it gets techo. So, you've sent me two links. Are they both micro controllers? Which one will I use for the 4 wheels?

• here is a aircraft RC ESC with enough power to run the motor.

6s 22v

http://brushlessgimbal.ca/Multi-Rotor-Products-Parts/ESC/Hobbywing-...

14s 51.87v

http://brushlessgimbal.ca/Multi-Rotor-Products-Parts/ESC/Hobbywing-...

Hobbywing Platinum Series 100A 2-6S High Performance ESC [PLT100V3] - $92.99 : www.brushlessgimbal.…
    www.brushlessgimbal.ca Hobbywing Platinum Series 100A 2-6S High Performance ESC [PLT100V3] - Hobbywing Platinum Series 100A 2-6S High Performance ESC…
  • Then you need to use a air carft ESC or Truck ESC for RC. You will also need RC RX and TX as well to controll the ESC motors.
  • Ok? It's not going to suit my setup then. I'm going RC. and later GPS. Great help anyway. Thanks.
  • I should add this type of controller is meant for manual control not RC TxRx. Controller is for e-bike skate boars, e-gocart or DYI project . You attach throttle switch, power switch, wheel sensor & lock this to controller for motor control. 

• I'm learning. Thank you and thanks for your time and patience.

• Each motor requires an ESC! This type of ESC has simple controller built in . Multiple controllers can be salaved together to be controlled by one or external microcomputer.
This reply was deleted.

Activity