Replies

• well here is more progress and problah here is your photo it doesnt have a yard stick but my height is 5'9" for a comparison anyway does the engine mount look too bad because i kind of hastily put it together well here they are!

this looks a little bad but i gorilla glued it in case it came out and gorilla glued all of the rest of the scews
  • the quality is not good due to compression if you want a full image ask for my email.
  • well 2 things affect me doing that, 1 im still looking for the cable to my camera, and 2 im out of town without my airplane so it will be a while, i guess i can use my camera inside my laptop anyway im ditching the landing idea because of risk of loosing hundreds of dollars i could in future designes inculde a sonic sensor SONAR to the front to help with landings i will try to get a picture a.s.a.p. (;
  • oh one more thing im looking for the cable to the camera
  • this is my airplane!! assembled it in 1hr the only problem is i dont have a 18" servo extension

Any of you guys think the wings are too deep? oh and 1 more problem, can i get this thing to take off and land without a controller because I had a $200 budget and i spent $196 on the plane and servos and the receiver alone was $100 so if anyone has advice for me let me know
  • who here thinks that i can pull this off in 12 days?
  • Welcome RadMan.

I see the biggest issue fashioning the chip in to an aerodynamic shape....

I've found that making a UAV is a large undertaking (I've been building mine for the last year on and off) but don't let that dissuade you - It is well worth the effort. Go slow, and step by step. Because you'll be the inventor, you'll need to know each of the parts and pieces inside out, from the RC plane to the electronics and code. Just take it a piece at a time, add one feature at a time, andI'm sure you'll do fine.

Post you progress here!

Paul
  • 3D Robotics
    I presume you've already reviewed the code here? http://diydrones.com/profiles/blog/show?id=705844%3ABlogPost%3A731

You'll have to modify it for you own purposes, but it sounds like you've got *most* of what you need.

However you can't use a Basic Stamp and a single accelerometer for stabalization. Doing that is a huge job, involving three accelerometers, gyros, a much more powerful CPU than a Basic Stamp along with some of the trickiest coding you can imagine. The plane in the link above uses a commerical FMA co-pilot for stabalization, leaving the Basic Stamp for the much easier job of navigation.

If you get a FMA co-pilot, the rest of what you've got should be enough to achieve autonomous flight.
This reply was deleted.

Activity