Replies

• @C. Anderson

The spin language (and the Propeller itself) is a bit different from other uC languages in that the language flow control is given by indentation, not curly braces. Also, there is very little hardware that is built onto the propeller for things like serial communication, pulse width modulation, and the like. It's all done in software. However, with the objects that you can just pick up (like FullDuplexSerialPlus) you can just call commands and it will execute like you want.

@F.A. Pratama
    Those objects can all be found in the obex (obex.parallax.com), where you can also find other items to drop into your program. I particularly like BS2 Functions.
    Propeller Object Exchange | Contributed Code for the Propeller Microcontroller
  • Thanks for the spin code.

But, I have a problem with "FullDuplexSerial", "FloatMath" and "Calendar" spin code. Do you have any idea where i can get that? This is the first time for me using propeller spin code.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Feri
  • Hello James,

I am working on GPS receiver and I need to interface this receiver with my propeller so I need some help from you about the coding and programming
    Thank you
  • Well. The SPIN language has its basic logic structure like any other programming language, buts its organized a bit differently. Its interesting that loop structure is only preceded by repeat command with no trailing command such as LOOP. I am still learning the language as I add more components to the board and perfecting my soldering technique. A magnifying glass with two clips greatly helps the process. I did post a compue new pictures showing the board and the makeshift circuit for broadcasting the TV signal via a RCA type connector and it works great! I just have to slow down a little and push my anxiousness to the side. :)
  • 3D Robotics
    Thanks, James. How are you finding the Propeller chip programming? I have to admit that it's taking me a while to wrap my head around the object-oriented Spin language. I'm sure it's super powerful and will pay dividends down the road, but the learning curve is a bit steeper than I had expected. (I'm used to C and Basic)
This reply was deleted.

Activity