Questions from a beginner

This was my dream to fly UAV's since my childhood. I used to envisage myself flying those marvelous miniature aircraft's. Now I am 29 , wanna make my dreams a reality. SO can anyone please give me some leads and how to begin ? The basics, where to buy, etc etc..I live in Dumont, NJ ...Is anyone around here who can help me in my journey ? I would really appreciate any help..Thanks :),,

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It sounds like that would suffice. Put a resume together primarily focusing on the training experience you have and send it to me. The work is at Fort Huachuca, AZ. Would you want to be a UAS Instructor/Operator or a Mechanic/Technician?
    Ajay,
    I'm in the same boat, just a few months later. Wondering if you've made any progress and taken any of the advise w/where to start? Been trying to read all I can find on the posts and am thinking about going with the setup on Geocrawler 3 as suggested by Simon. If you have started how far into have you gotten? Thanks in advance.
  • Is this a good plane for a beginner?

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/bellanca.htm
  • I recommend Geocrawler 3 with the Basic Stamp. Parallax (the manufacturer of the BS2) is a really great company to learn electronics and programming from.
  • 3D Robotics
    Well, that's why we've got beginner's tutorials for five simple UAVs (GeoCrawler 1-5) right on the front page. Why not start with one of those?
This reply was deleted.

Activity