Replies

• I have used spad designs for a little over a year now and i love them....i literally can have an entire plane built in a couple of hours and go out and crash it directly into the ground and have it running again and fixed in minutes. Almost all the parts can be bought at your local stores. I am a huge spad fan and now that i am entering the uav area i am going with a spad design.
  • My two cents... Bigbro and XP04 twinboom pusher moto-gliders... Google it...
  • A great place for cheap and easy designs that are super tough and mostly plastic is spadtothebone.com
    the high wing trainers are sturdy, fly well and their weight make them very forgiving in poor weather.
    they are built using common coroplast material (plastic fluted sign board) :)
  • I am having trouble picking the right size of motor for my project. I mean electric, but am not opposed to gas.
  • If you are look ing for stable and cheap airframes, head over to the scratchbuilt foamies section at rcgroups. the best thing would be to go for a trainer-like plane, but with a full fuselage to stuff the gear in. The blue-baby springs to mind, but others might be suitable too. If you don't mind stuff hanging in the breeze, a upsized Trainer1 might work too.
    Foamies (Scratchbuilt) - RC Groups
    A place for the homebuilders to discuss the DIY foamies design and construction, and share the plans.
  • hi,

has anyone successfully turn a gws slow stick into an uav?

i like its light weight and virtually limitless fuselage...
    however, i am concerned about its stability...

really appreciate if anyone can comment on it.
  • Yeah, it would be.

man i really want to do FPV but dang is it expensive.
  • Oh yeah here is a pretty long video of my pusher(hornet) it uses a small 2500kv motor on 3c and uses a 5x3 prop. Nice little motor they're only like 9bucks at hobbycity, you can get even better motors that produce more for 9bucks, its a good site to buy from but it takes like 2 weeks for the stuff to come in.

http://www.vimeo.com/1084548
  • Actually the pusher one its basically just a different fuse for the slow stick. You just make the fuse big enough to suite your needs, then calculate the total weight and make your wings as big as whatever wingloading you want, lighter is for slow flyers and gliders, heavier is for sporty and speed.
  • Well here are some basic numbers:

Wingspan was 50in
    Wing root and tip chord was 10 in so total wing area is 500sq in
    Payload you can carry is like 3lbs.
    these are weak wings(foam that is bent into an undercambered airfoil) so you need wing struts.
    also if your just using a rudder, you need like 10degrees or more of dihedral on your wings. Basically any BL outrunner or geared inrunner that can pull like 30oz of thrust, i myself have an Eflite Park 480 pulls 30-40oz aircraft, 2 2409-12s and a couple others. and some 3c lipos.
    oh yeah the total length of the aircraft like stick fuse is from 20-25ins
    Center of Gravitiy is liike 1 or 2 ins back from leading edge of wings.
    Tail wing is about 10-15 in long. its a simple 3ch setup maybe 4 for teh shutter on camera.
This reply was deleted.

Activity