help plz!!!!!

i need some help on the take off and landing partif i could get some details regardin these...plz....

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would think Auto take off should be easy. You just need to add object detection, altimeter and velocity reading. Hit a certain velocity, and actuate elevator. I mean, windspeed is a major factor. An IMU should solve that as you just measure the drift by taking the differnce between where the plane is supposed to go and where its going and program it to do a measured response to correct that. Auto landing...as Achal Agrawal stated, it takes much much more work. I mean, first you have to label an area landable, because the plane can't just land anywhere. then you have to give it a minimum altitude around those areas. yeah...then factoring wind....seeing that i THINK i'm the only one here playing with machine vision, unless you have a great system on that, you really really might wanna consider this failsafe idea- approach target area, drop to a certain height, kill airspeed, and deploy a parachute lol.
  • Hi Abhishek!
    Most of the amateur UAV developers are working with Manual Landing and Takeoffs. Autonomous landing requires very high precision GPS(DGPS,WAAS) and altitude sensors. Landing is not just about decreasing height and ultimately touching down. There is a procedure for landing like joining the circuit at a way point at a certain height, doing the down wind leg, base leg & then final approach. Then and then only you will land where you wanted to.
    I have never thought of Autonomous landing and takeoff, but as you have asked, in my opinion you should have a landing circuit which a set of way points at fixed altitudes. You can first experiment with doing just landing approaches and if perfectly done you can experiment with touch down with help of a range sensor for flare.
  • 3D Robotics
    This site is about autonomous flight. Were you looking for advice on autonomous takeoff and landing? (We've haven't discussed that here yet--it's not a high priority, since it doesn't allow us to do anything we can't already do manually--but perhaps someone has some experience)
  • 100KM
    could you give more details ?
    is this a hand launch or roll out ,what plane are you useing and what is it doing when you try?
This reply was deleted.

Activity