I loaded 2.0.17 with the APM Planner and experienced something I've not seen before.  I flew for about 5 or 6 minutes, deliberately not touching the rudder to see if the quad would maintain its heading, which it did.  I then gave it a tiny amount of right rudder and it started to slowly rotate and it kept rotating for a couple of minutes.  I could not then make it do the same thing with left rudder.

I'm running stock everything, stock settings, with sonar and magnetometer.

Nigel

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This was mentioned a few times here http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/yaw-control-with-compass

I have this issue and it repeats each time I fly, I am stuck with ardupirates until it's sorted :(

I submitted a bug and it was closed, someone opened a new bug (152) and it was closed yesterday....grrrrr
  •  

Jason and others,

I just conducted my first flight with a newly built arducopter using 2.0.17

It was my very first quad flying experience and a first flight for the airframe - gotta start somewhere

I just flew around the one area in 'stabilize' mode.

Apart from popping a couple of plastic screws on the landing gear when landing firmly on soft ground all went reasonably well

When I left the controls alone the aircraft flew fairly well apart from some uncommanded slow yaw rotation at one point.

It seems you've updated to 2.0.18 while I've been out flying  - something to try later

Here is a Youtube Video of the flight taken by herself with a mobile phone.

A big thank you to Jason and everyone else for producing a product that can work so well first time

regards

Andrew

• Developer

I just flew today and had a terrible time with Yaw. same issue. Will revert back to previous update. called 2.0.18.

• Strange! I got some time in on 2.0.17 before the wind got nuts and yaw seemed very happy.  It would stick where I pointed it much better than before, but I did not do a sustaned same heading. What did you end up with for sonar PID ? I still get big oscillation +- 3 feet.
This reply was deleted.

Activity