Incorporating Solar to Increase Loiter Time

This forum reaches some very savvy electronic engineers. Can you help me with the details of integrating solar panels into a design to increase loiter time, or point me to another forum dealing with this topic.I have a picture of the Aerriane Swift hang glider on my wall. Some simple modifications would make this an exceptional UAS platform.Roger

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dincer:

Will you give some more details on your power regulating circuit? And are you running just the solar panels or connected to batteries also.

With all I have read I am afraid of overcharging a battery in || with the solar panels.

It is good to hear you are being successful with the PowerFilm panels. That is what I have been looking at also.

Roger
    panels.it
  • check out and keep up with my project at:
    http://borsaci06.com/robotics.html
    i am using five 250ma 10v flex Powerfilm panels on my uav (Solar Falcon). Bought from Iowatech, these panels are perforrming exceptionally. they are very flexible and following the contours of the wing and they are delivering 8.6 volts at 1,250 amps under full load which is very satisfactory for my brushless motor and electronics... best part is they weigh 120grams in total, same as my 7cell 8.4v battery...
    robotics
This reply was deleted.

Activity