Just loaded and flown 2.0.22 on my standard quad.  Worked first time which is a relief - I couldn't get 2.0.20 to work.

Can anyone suggest a reason why, when I flick into 'Loiter' the copter rapidly climbs into the air?  I am using sonar and waiting for the GS to get a good lock before flying.  This has been happening going back quite a few versions now.  'Alt-Hold' now seems to be working reasonably well for me (so far as I can test it in the continuing high winds we are having here in the UK at the moment.)

Cheers,

Nigel

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Hi Nigel, 

Having a hard time reading the log. Lot's of odd things in there like negative throttle (should not be possible), and throttle hold values that don't match the previously logged throttle. I an assuming there is some logging funny business going on. 

It also looks like a raw dump and not a dump of a particular flight. is that true?

thanks!

Jason

• Developer
    Thanks Nigel,
    Sounds like a motor connection was loose. Thanks for the log. Anythings else you can provide to help me read it?
  • Hi Nigel

Like you I am finding the wind an issue in the UK ...

I updated to 20.020 earlier in the week and had my first really good flight since going on to the new version.  Having some success with both Loiter and altitude hold.

My issue was with RTL - When I selected that mode, my hexa started to climb a quite a fast rate.  I wasn't confident enough in the code to let it have its head and went switched back to stable mode.  I wondered if there was a pre-set height for RTL and perhaps it would have leveled off and come back to me.

Seems a bit of a moving feast for me at the moment.  Frustrating and great fun all at the same time.

Philip

• Developer

I've reported the problem in the issue tracker. Same thing for Auto mode and RTL. I think we need a couple protection logic in the code to avoid weird and unsafe things to happen if the mode is changed inadvertently or by error.

Auto, Loiter and RTL should not engage if on the ground or if GPS is not locked.

• Do not know, but from 2.0.21 I cannot upload using Arduino! I get following errors:

ArduCopterMega.cpp: In function 'void camera_stabilization()':
    GCS:10: error: invalid use of member (did you forget the '&' ?)

p.s. I need to upload using Arduino, because I need to do some corrections for camera control!

• Man u are on it Nigel.   Glad to here it going better.  Whitch sonar sensor r u using?
This reply was deleted.

Activity