Replies

• I will start posting my VPL build as time goes on. It will not work, right away, ofcourse. Until i get a Parallax Servo Contorller code, or swap it for a lynxmotion controller, i'm pretty much leaving the flight mechanics to whatever. I'm just getting the basic code out of the way. You are all free to play with it and such. If you want, see it, test it, let me know what's up, and i'll change it. Math is my thing, so if something needs to go from linear to exponential or anything in between, just let me know.

*If someone can just verify that my GPS code is sound, I'll start working on a wind drift code.
    *If someone can take some sample code for the PSC and make it into a workable service, we can really get moving
    *I am trying to figure out how to initially input the way points. (that system is pretty broken until i figure it out). If any one has any suggestions, LMK. Sure, i could stick a keyboard and a small LCD on the thing, but seriously, i don't know if others will have that capability. What would you guys like. I'm thinking using a memory card with a text file that has predetermined way points and maybe even advanced instructions. Pop it in, and it just goes?

I will be putting it in my latest blog, that way i can keep this thing in order, until the repository is done.
  • Servo Controller-
    If you are going to use MSRS and need a servo controller, get the LYNXMOTION one. its the same price, but Lynx actually has services for it. :) Until we get a service written for the Parallax one, this seems like the way to go.
  • Hi all,

I have to complete Howard sentence about Urbi. "URBI needs an embedded Linux to run all of its features. "
    In fact Urbi is totally portable. It runs on PCs: linux, windows and macOSX. As well as in embedded platforms (arm linux, RT operating systems such as in the aibo). Whatever is the platform running Urbi, you can build client application and remote modules running also on top of any OS.

So you can have a Urbi engine controlling you robot on a windows PC + a video analysis module running on a linux + a supervising machine running on macOSX.

Hope it helps

Ben
  • Hi,

I had the opportunity to test a platform developped by a french company, Gostai.
    They call it Urbi studio and it's composed of a few applications that help building behaviors and control robotics functions.

It really seems far more simple to handle than MSRS. And it's cross platform which was really helpfull for me as i worked on mac.

don't know if this can help you

Chris
    Gostai – Robot manufacturer and editor of innovative software for robotics & Artificial Intelligenc…
  • I am looking at it, but truth to tell I am a bit thick.I might not be a great deal of help....lol

If I could be of any help, let me know

Regards,

Pat.
This reply was deleted.

Activity