3D Robotics

Suggestion for a DIY Drones code repository?

Now that we're getting bigger and sharing more code on this site, I'd like to find something better than putting random files in discussion responses. Has anyone had enough experience with the various code repositories out there to recommend one that would work for our purposes? Most of the ones I've seen require you to use gnarly *nix command-line software tracking tools like QVC and git, which are too complicated for our purposes. Anything simple with a web interface that will just let us upload code and track versions, etc?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Google Code seems to be a very easy to use code repository. At least for windows, there is a client called TortoiseSVN that integrates all the functionality you need right into windows explorer. No need for any command line stuff.

I suppose TortoiseSVN will work with any SVN, but Google Code's simple, straight-forward setup seems to complement it well for keeping everything accessible to those of us who don't code for a living.
  • Sourceforget has an SVN feature. CVS never really worked. They've made it harder to manage & they'll be making it harder in the future because everything they try gets broken into. It's a free version of a commercial collab suite, so of course it's going to be unreliable & hard to use.
  • Why don't we create a project on sourceforge.net. That way the svn, cvs, bug tracking, etc is handled for us.

Neal.
  • SVN ("subversion") is a popular choice. I don't know how complicated it is to host, but it is quite easy to use.

http://subversion.tigris.org/
    subversion.tigris.org
    Open source software engineering
This reply was deleted.

Activity