What UAV is this?

Attached to this post is picture of an UAV used byBirdseyepix.no, a photo-company in Oslo, Norway. From the pictures they are posting, it seems to work well.

Does anyone know anything about it, and how much it costs?I'm looking for a UAV-project to be used for taking photos of buildings and places, and it seems to me that a UAV quadrotor-solution would be the best fit.Anyone having opinions or suggestions on this?

UAVquadrotor.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A couple of years back we went to visit the company.

The advantage of this device is that it is quite easy to fly - it has some built-in limitations to keep the pilot from causing incontrollable situations. Like a maximum tilt angle.
    However, the payload as well as the flying time is quite limited.
  • THINGS CRASH, GO CHEAP!
  • So why do you think that a quadrotor would be suitable? It is still a helicopter-like contraption, and you need active stabilisation to stop it from crashing. I think you would be better served with a large coaxial heli, but you will be hard pressed to find one with a usefull payload capacity.
    A large pole could also serve you good, and have much less chances of crashing that expensive camera.
  • When they first appeared, there was a note somewhere about the German military paying over $60,000 a piece for those.
  • www.microdrones.com
    :-)
    Note that this UAV is professional and costs a LOT.
This reply was deleted.

Activity