Help needed

I'm working on a small uav project.. I need a video down link system for FPV , I would prefer a system on 5.8 ghz possible 2.4 as a last resort, I'm flying on 72mhz and the payload is on 900 mhz at this time. I also need a video transmitting range of at least 1 mile and possible up to 3 miles. This sytem will be used stateside.Thanks for any help.scott

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Scott,

I crash fly FPV too and can tell you from experience that a 1-3 mile range is going to be tricky., but not impossible. As a rule, the lower the frequency, the farther the signal will carry. So a 900 Mhz video system might be a better idea in the long run.

As you are limited to the amount of power your transmitter can send, and hardware it can carry, you will most likely need a strong receive antenna/amp and tracking system or good friend with an eagle eye and strong arms.

I use the range video 2.4Ghz Tx/Rx and have good success in an open ~1000' with fixed receivers. Start there and expand with experience. Most of all, post your progress, 'cause we're here to help.

Good luck!
    Paul
  • 3D Robotics
    Actually, I just found a 5.8 ghz aerial video setup at Future Hobbies. At $900 it's not cheap, though...
  • 3D Robotics
    There are a load of 2.4 solutions (check out blackwidowav.com and rangevideo.com). I don't know of any intended for aerial purposes at 5.8.
    Wireless Video equipment for ground and aerial work
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Monday
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…