3D Robotics

Build A fast Response UAV

Hey guys, my name's Julian and im kinda new here, and i was just seeking some advice on the design of a control system for my recent UAV. I designed it with fast response in mind, hence the rocket engine to take it up to altitude, where then a pair of wings unfolds and "The Guardian", as i like to call it, is just another motor glider. Ive been having some trouble deciding how to control this thing other than just a transmitter, and i recently Discovered the Range Video OSD which seems quite interesting. I was wondering what i camera and TX/RX would give me the greatest range and that sort of thing. Anyother suggestions would be great also, Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There's a project at MIT thats trying to do convoy protection using a swarm of drones.

http://vertol.mit.edu/index.html
    Aerospace Controls Laboratory | Massachusetts Institute of Technology
    Aerospace Controls Laboratory | MIT
  • Developer
    Have you flight tested rocket & glider yet? If so, How did it perform. What size motor? Weight of launch vehicle & glider system? What altitude will it achieve?

A 900 mhz or 1.2 ghz at 300+ mW will work up to 1 mile with standard 3+db antenna up to 3+ miles with a 9+db patch antenna connected to receiver.

I got my 900 mhz (500mW) TX for $60 at Digital Products http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/home.php it works great but a 300mW works great also, and conserves battery power

I use a DX7 RC system @ 2.4 ghz, If you use 35 or 72 mhz RC then a 2.4 TX will work well but usually cost more.

I would use the new DX201 DSP camera from Range Video $150, but a cheap BW camera for $20 works well also.
  • Wow, that's actually a really good idea.
  • T3
    Very impressive concept! All you need is to put in a canister and you have a portable quick launch UAV system. Carry on like that and you will get a spot on Future Weapons ;)
This reply was deleted.

Activity