A couple of questions about the Canon sx260hs

Hi All,

I am building an X8 flying wing for a mapping project of a narrow V-shaped mountain canyon. I have a Canon sx260hs camera. But I have run into a problem getting rid of the "image preview", which adds several seconds to the rate of exposures. Does anyone know how to shut off the image review completely for this Canon model? I have searched the camera thoroughly, but can't seem to find it. I already have version A of CHDK installed on auto-boot on the SD card, just need to figure out this part.

Also, The ground I will be photographing will be at an extreme angle in a V-shaped canyon, sometimes greater then 45 degrees. If I shoot straight down, I am anticipating problems with focus and resolution for the areas above and below the center of the exposure zone. So should I try to image the canyon walls at the same angle as they present themselves, instead of imaging straight down? Or can anyone offer alternative solutions or input?

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for all your helpful replies (rolls eyes)

The answer was that you must have the camera in AUTO mode to get access to the option to cancel the image review.

This reply was deleted.

Activity