About Ground Control Station User Experience

Hi Guys,

Could you give me some impressions about the GCS you use? If you can answer these questions for me, it will be very helpful:

- What is your drones’ usage?

- Which GCS do you use and why?

- What are the main features you use?

- What are the best and the worst experience using the Ground Control you had?

Thank you

What is your drones’ usage?

Which GCS do you use and why?

What are the main features you use?

What are the best and the worst experience using the Ground Control you had?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Beatriz, I'm an architect and I mainly use the drone from work to capture aerial views of land and buildings. The photographs serve as documentation material of the land before and after the construction phase. What do you use it for?
  • Hi,

I use my drone for parties or vacation
    I love using my phone to print pictures, edit videos or pics or to post them directly
    I never had worst experiences with ground control

Regards, hope this was helpful.
  • You must check out FlytGCS solution for your needs. I think it matches your requirements. It can help you connect your drone over 4G/LTE with ease and you can fly autonomously from anywhere. You can try FlytGCS for free

The other option is UGCS too.

• we use software to make the plan on app.

http://www.dronefromchina.com/academy/route-planning-in-the-app-sof...

Route planning in the APP software
    Sprayer Drone, Drone Agriculture Sprayer, Agriculture UAV Crop Dusters, Agriculture UAV Sprayers, Pesticide Spraying Drone, Fumigation Drone, Crop Sp…
  • I think you can leave your email and I can give you another choice.

Jakob Schmidt said:

Drone: Fixed wing mapping/surveying

GCS: Mission Planner. Why? lack of other options?
    Features: Setup, planning and flight monitoring, post-flight review.

Flight planning interface is not very intuitive, but works ok once you get used to it.
    Worst is the log-analyzer, "hidden tools" (Ctrl F).
    Set-up can be complicated, but it's more an indication of the complexity of the flight controller (Pixhawk) than the software.

About Ground Control Station User Experience
    Hi Guys, Could you give me some impressions about the GCS you use? If you can answer these questions for me, it will be very helpful: - What is you…
  • 1 the ambient air temperature is not higher than +40 C, not less than -5 C. The average temperature within 24 hours should not be higher than +35 C. When it is over, the operation should be reduced according to the actual situation.
    2 indoor use, the use of the site at an altitude of no more than 2000m.
    3, the relative humidity of the surrounding air is not more than 50% at the highest temperature of +40 degrees C, and relatively large relative humidity is allowed at lower temperature. For example, +20 degree C is 90%. We should consider that the influence of condensation may happen occasionally due to the change of temperature.
    The inclination of the 4 installation and the vertical plane is not more than 5 degrees, and the whole set of cabinet columns is relatively flat (according to the GBJ232-82 standard).
    The 5 device should be installed in a place where there is no severe shock and shock as well as the undue corrosion of the electrical components.
    When 6 users have special requirements, they can negotiate with our company.

• Hi,Beatriz. My drone is use for guiding the way and carry some small things from my here to you there XD. And of course I use it to take pictures from the air.

I equipped my drones with a kind of LiDAR--CE30 from Benewake tech. It is test well. It help my drones detect the obstacle so it can avoid and fly more efficiently. If you like, I'm willing to recommend you to have a try.Here is the product link: http://www.benewake.com/en/ce30.html. And there are other products can help. 

So the drones are autobots, less rely on GCS. XD.

• Hi; I see there's some activity going on on this post, so I'd like to share my experience.

I do aerial surveys in the RGB, NIR, and Thermal bands to target various 'objects' (terrain, structures, PV panels, agriculture, etc.); most missions are flown in "photogrammetry" mode, which require dedicated and specific tools/parameters: to me Mission Planner is best option from this perspective, having almost unbeatable features (and a lot are still to be discovered  ;-).

Another area where I find MP being top-notch is pre-arm checks, calibrations, auto-tune, and "parameter tweaking" in general.

So my workflow is based on MP for flight planning; I then connect the UAV to it to check and arm; as a recent "upgrade" however, after testing QGC and Tower, I setup multiple GCSs' (which can be considered 'slaves' receiving telemetry data from the PC running MP, even though they can be actively used in controlling the drone) running those gs softwares - specifically, on my RC radio I have my cell phone running either of the two (or both, if I want to) to monitor flight times, battery voltage etc, and they also have a handy "pause" button.

I want to thank all the Open Source, Ardupilot, this site, and connected devs: we're seeing something awesome, where even somebody like me can actually have and use an UAV, and try and experiment those new technologies, previously accessible only to a "small circle".

Thanks

Giovanni

• 1) fly for fun, fixed wing, I used to be a hardware/software autopilot developer, now retired

2) Mission Planner, because it does most of what I need

3) I like and use many/most features.  I have the following suggestions:

- FLIGHT DATA -> SERVOS - provide a slider to position the servo in any position between min and max

- FLIGHT DATA -> ACTIONS - make the buttons larger and allow me to assign the action to the button, e.g. my landing sequence usually starts with waypoint 7.  So I would like a large button that does SET_WAYPOINT = 7.  Although I am fortunate in being able to fly outside my shop and the GCS is located just inside the door, it takes awhile for my eyes to adjust sufficiently to see the small buttons.  Ideally, the ACTIONS tab would have its own window like the HUD.

• Hi Mrs  Palmeira

What is your drones’ usage?

I use talon.

Which GCS do you use and why?

I use mission planner.

What are the main features you use?

Talon is flying good.

What are the best and the worst experience using the Ground Control you had?

I don't know

Thanks. Spas.

Dembas. good days

This reply was deleted.

Activity